Welcome & Paul VI Scholarships (New Families)
Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Community has maintained a commitment to Catholic Education from its founding in 1959. As part of the parish community’s ongoing support of Catholic schooling, we introduce the Welcome to Lourdes Parish Scholarship. Families new to our community become scholarship eligible when they affirm their intent to become committed members of the parish, evidenced by:
- registering as members of the parish community,
- becoming actively involved in a parish ministry, and
- participating in the offertory program (envelopes).
First-time parents who choose to commit to the above and enroll their children in the parish school are eligible to receive a scholarship for the academic year 2018-2019 in the amount of $1070 per qualifying family (parent/legal guardian with a child in the school).
Pope Paul VI Family Scholarship
“Thus the little domestic Church, like the greater Church, needs to be constantly and intensely evangelized: hence its duty regarding permanent education in the faith…the family, like the Church, ought to be a place where the Gospel is transmitted and from which the Gospel radiates…the future of evangelization depends in great part on the Church of the home” (John Paul II, Familiaris Consortio nn 51-52)
Any family with more than one student concurrently registered or enrolled and will be attending Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School may qualify.
- Families already qualifying for Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Scholarships qualify for Level II funding of the Pope Paul VI Family scholarship.
- Families not qualifying for Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Scholarship qualify for Level I Funding of the Pope Paul VI Family scholarship.
The following criteria are established for this scholarship:
- Current registration and enrollment verification of sibling(s)
The Pope Paul VI Family Scholarship funding for the academic year 2018-2019 is set at the following amounts:
|Level I||Level II|