Parish & Pope Paul VI Parish Scholarships (Returning Families)
Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Community has maintained a commitment to Catholic Education from its founding in 1959. Since that time, parishioners have enjoyed the benefit of the opportunity to enroll their children in the parish school. As part of the parish community’s ongoing support of those active members of the parish community who choose to enroll their children in the parish school, the community offers a scholarship for the academic year 2020-2021 in the amount of $1091 per qualifying family (parent/legal guardian with a child in the school).
Any family with a student registered or enrolled and will be attending Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School and who meet the scholarship criteria for the twelve months immediately prior to the application due date for the scholarship may qualify. (Families who received the Welcome to Lourdes Parish Scholarship in the previous year must meet criteria as committed to in the Welcome to Lourdes Parish Scholarship application.) The criteria established for this scholarship are as follows:
- Family must be registered members of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Northridge
- At least one adult member of the family (parent or legal guardian) demonstrates Parish service on a regular basis in one or more parish ministries as is appropriate for the ministry (check with ministry leadership).
- Family supports the overall mission and ministries of the parish community through a consistent pattern of participation in the parish offertory program (parish envelope or online via Faith Direct).
Pope Paul VI Family Parish Scholarship
“Thus the little domestic Church, like the greater Church, needs to be constantly and intensely evangelized: hence its duty regarding permanent education in the faith…the family, like the Church, ought to be a place where the Gospel is transmitted and from which the Gospel radiates…the future of evangelization depends in great part on the Church of the home” (John Paul II, Familiaris Consortio nn 51-52)
Any family with more than one student concurrently registered or enrolled and will be attending Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School may qualify.
- Families already qualifying for Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Scholarships qualify for Level II funding of the Pope Paul VI Family scholarship.
- Families not qualifying for Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Scholarship qualify for Level I Funding of the Pope Paul VI Family scholarship.
The following criteria are established for this scholarship:
- Current registration and enrollment verification of sibling(s)
The Pope Paul VI Family Scholarship funding for the academic year 2020-2021 is set at the following amounts:
|Level I||Level II|